This EHS Promotion activity was organised by ZAP Piling’s EHS Committee Task Force and MCE487 project team.
Date : Thursday, 29 October 2009
Time : 11.30 – 12.30 noon
Venue : MCE 487 project site
EHS Promotion Agenda
- Briefing and Demonstration of the use of Fire Extinguisher (conducted with translation to Tamil and Chinese languages)
- EHS Award presentation (recognizing the personnel’s significant contribution on sustaining and improving the workplace Environmental Safety and Health aspects)
Attendance(buffet lunch provided for 82 personnel)
- Company Directors
- Clients (Daelim) and MCE487 site team
- Suppliers and Subcontractors
Mr. Chia, the Managing Director of ZAP Piling P/L, kicked off the activity and thanked Daelim and LTA for opportunity given to ZAP to conduct the EHS promotion at MCE C487 site. He briefly elaborated the objective of EHS promotion and the agenda of the day.
There are 4 (four) personnel awarded, namely:
- Vatapal Nagaraju (General Worker)
- Jaroensiri Adisak (Riggerman)
- Sellamuthu Raja (Supervisor)
- Abdul Rahim bin Ali (Operator)
WHSO from Daelim, Mr. Jasper Lai, commended on the EHS promotion initiative and highlighted on its related concern to ‘Hot Work’ activity. He believed that ZAP team would persist on observing and improving EHS matter on site.
A final remark from Mr. Chia has urged everyone on site to observe and comply strictly with the EHS matters. And again, he emphasized that SAFETY is everyone responsibility and proper site housekeeping shall be maintained at all times.