Proper Lifting and Rigging Operation Briefing at Jurong Gateway Project (Lend Lease Singapore) – Part 02
On 17/06/2011 at 1300hrs EHS Dept had conducted a briefing on lifting, rigging operation and casting operation at 777 Jurong Gateway Project, client: Lend Lease Singapore.
The briefing was attended by ZAP Piling project team and client’s representative. All the lifting crews, operators and workers had been briefed as well.
Few areas were highlighted as follow:
- All personnel should not to climb up onto the rebar cage during rigging
- The rebar cage is to stack not exceeding 1.8m height
- Lifting supervisor should know the working radius of a crane and lifting load.
- During bored pile casting, a minimum of three stell plates shall be laid out for the access of the concrete truck. This is to avoid the truck from slipping off.
- The tremie pipe platform shall be secured with four-sided welding at the corner and not merely two sided.
The EHS dept had suggest that every two weeks the department will award the 3 (three) best safety award to the site personnel as to motivate them to work safely.